Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Why vegetarian?

I am constantly being asked why I suddenly became a vegetarian 9 months ago. After all I was raised eating hearty Norwegian foods like meatballs, beef, lam, pork, reindeer, moose, salmon...MEAT MEAT MEAT!

Why did I decide to not eat it anymore? Well honestly, it kind of happened by accident while doing a week long detox/cleanse with the fabulous Kia Miller. Doing a fast on fresh raw juices can help you kick bad habits, cravings and make you ask yourself: "Do I truly enjoy the foods that I eat on a daily basis? Does it really feed my body what it needs? Or do I eat it because its in front of me?"

I quickly noticed how having a meat free diet help my digestion, energy levels and mood. I rarely have that heavy/sleepy feeling after a big meal anymore. After a meal I feel ENERGIZED and happy! So thats why I find it worth while.

Christmas is upon us and I can't wait to have a Vegan Christmas meal at Recept Cafe in Stavanger, anyone wanna join me?

Eat consciously to keep your body fit, sustained and clean. Why? because the body houses the True Self, the Soul. Do not live to eat, EAT TO LIVE :)

Much love,

Helene

No comments:

Post a Comment